Parivrtta Ustrasana is one of the important and advance asana in yoga with lots of health benefits. It is also known as The Revolved Camel Pose. The name Parivrtta Ustrasana actually comes from Sanskrit words, it is a combination of four words, where Parivrtta means turned around, revolved or twisted, Ustra means Camel and Asana means Pose, so the combination of all the words, it pronounced as The Revolved Camel Pose.
Parivrtta Ustrasana has lots of health benefits; among that some of the health benefits of Parivrtta Ustrasana include removing Stress, Increases the Focus of Mind and Concentration, Strengthen Hip, Knee and Thigh Muscles, Enhance Sexual Health, Improves Digestive Health, Strengthen the Neck, Chest, and Shoulders, Improves Flexibility of Spine, Helps to Reduce Back Pain and Reduce Lower Body Fat.
Before we go to do this asana, we should know for whom this Parivrtta Ustrasana is not recommended. Those who are suffering from severe back injury, hip injury, ankle injury and knee injury, recently any surgery on your back or waist, spinal column ailments on the lower vertebrae they should not do this asana. Those who are suffering from high or low blood pressure, they should not do this asana without any supervision. Those who are suffering from severe headache they should avoid this asana. Those suffering from any form of hernia should avoid this practice.
How to do Parivrtta Ustrasana (The Revolved Camel Pose):
- To start this asana get onto the yoga mat and come into the Virasana (Hero Pose), with twist knees underneath you. Presently, grasp your hands to your bottoms of your feet.
- Inhale out and raise your pelvis up and a long way from your feet, as you advance your abdominal area tuck your tailbone.
- Keep your upper legs straight (opposite) to the ground.
- Put your shins and feet emphatically established on the floor or tangle. Keep your both hands immovably grasped on the feet.
- From that point forward, pull up your navel as you lift and you feel curve is shaping normally of your back.
- You should keep a solid hold by the right hand on your right feet; gradually attempt to lift your left arm up towards the rooftop or the roof.
- Draw through the arm and out of the fingertips; endeavor to come to up without raising your hips, feet or legs. When you lift, your body somewhat twists, by then keep your hips square as you attempt to adjust your shoulders upwards.
- Try to remain in this position as long as you can.
- For beginners, try to be in this position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- To release from this position, slowly get back to the starting position, keep your leg straight and take a deep breath and relax. Keep both the hands alongside your body.
- Now you can again do this asana with your opposite leg. You should do minimum 10 repetitions of this asana for better result.
- Initially, when you start this yoga asana, you feel some pain in your arms, shoulder, legs, knees, hips and chest but as you practice more you can do this asana more easily.
Health Benefits of Parivrtta Ustrasana (The Revolved Camel Pose):
Parivrtta Ustrasana Strengthen The Back, Abdomen, Legs and Hips:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Parivrtta Ustrasana, can stretch your Back, Abdomen, Legs and Hips Muscles, that put extra pressure on this muscle, so that blood flow will increase in this area and muscles will get more amount of oxygen and nutrition, which helps them to strengthen and regular practice of this asana also can help to prevent injury in Back, Abdomen, Legs and Hips Muscles during exercise and other works.
Parivrtta Ustrasana Helps to Reduce Back Pain:
Different studies have been proven that, regular practice of Parivrtta Ustrasana can very helpful for those who are suffering from any perennial back pain, because while practicing this asana it create lots of pressure on the spine and its also stretch the spine, that helps to improve the flexibility of our spine that helps to prevent back pain.
Parivrtta Ustrasana Improves Digestive Health:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Parivrtta Ustrasana can improve our digestive health and it also helps to prevent various types of digestion related issues, such as constipation because regular practice of Parivrtta Ustrasana put some extra pressure on stomach and inner intestine organ, due to this our body create stress hormone, which helps to promote the function of the digestive system that improve the proper bowel movement and also helps to promote the production of digestive juice and enzyme that helps in digesting of food and helps to prevent the waste from our body.
Parivrtta Ustrasana Enhance Sexual Health:
Practicing of Parivrtta Ustrasana on a regular basis can enhance sexual performance because while doing this yoga asana, it stretches our sexual organ, which helps in the production of stress hormones in that area that helps to stimulate our sexual organ and it also improve the blood flow to the sexual organ will help to increase the function of sexual performance.
Parivrtta Ustrasana Improves Flexibility of Spine:
Different studies have been proven that, regular practice of this Parivrtta Ustrasana will help to improve the flexibility in the spine and helps to keep it straight and strong. While we are doing Parivrtta Ustrasana, our spine posture is little bit backward, which helpful to reduce the hunch and regular practicing this asana helps to improve the flexibility and elasticity of the spine that help to reduce the back pain and stiffness in the spine.
Parivrtta Ustrasana Improves the Body Posture:
Regular practice of Parivrtta Ustrasana helps to reduce the body fat from our body, especially belly, arms, thighs, butts regions, thus it helps to keep our body posture.
Parivrtta Ustrasana Helps to Stimulate Endocrine System:
The regular practice of this asana creates stretch on the neck regions, which helps to stimulate the thyroid glands and parathyroid glands because due to the stretch on the thyroid glands and parathyroid glands in our body produces the stress hormone, which helps in proper function of the thyroid glands and parathyroid glands.
Parivrtta Ustrasana Helps to Remove Stress and Anxiety:
Studies have been proven that practicing of Parivrtta Ustrasana on a regular basis is not only good for our physical health, but also it helps to improve our mental health. The regular practice of this asana increases the blood flow to our brain that provide sufficient amount of oxygen and nutrition to our brain, which is very essential for our brain and it also help to calm the mind and release the stress.